• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I would rate Photoshop as the worst software here

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like AE and other products you make, but Photoshop is too complex. It needs to be a lot simpler, and more user friendly. Simple jobs seem to take much longer than when I used Fireworks 4.0 years ago, which had a much better interface and okay is not the same, but it had a brillian intuitive layout. Photoshop needs a radical overhaul or to be scrapped and replaced. I've used it for years now and each time I use it I think I could do a lot better. Sit me down with your design team for one year and I'll help you make something that blasts Photoshop into the dust.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they ask for nominations for "Most Unusual First Post" to this support forum, I'm nominating this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @johnc63458885 I really think this is a matter of personal perspective. While I know Photoshop front to back, I still learn new things each day. While if you send me to After Effects, I find it overly complicated and a steep learning curve.

There are inroads to learning Photoshop with simpler interfaces such as the iPad/mobile version or the Photoshop for Web beta.

The learning curve will impede your efficiency and comparing current workflows to muscle memory from a defunct software years ago is a bit unfair. Have you ever inquired about specific issues you experience that effect your speed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What issues do you specifically have that the forum might be able to help you with? 

I've just spent about the last 6 months learning a couple other Adobe Programs (InDesign and Illustrator.) There were times I wanted to tear my hair out, but I just got my first huge project completed yesterday and after giving myself some time, the other programs have begun to become as intuitive as Photoshop. 

I guess I would suggest asking for tips and shortcuts to the speed issues that are bothering you. Or just Google, which often gives tons of helpful information. 

All the best to you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From Adobe (community forums):
"Currently, the community on community.adobe.com is used as a destination for customers to ask questions and engage in peer-to-peer conversations. IOW, this is a user-to-user support forum. The Adobe Support Community is a place to ask questions, find answers, learn from experts, and share your knowledge. Because we are a community used by people of all ages, cultures, and people at work, we carefully moderate its content".

If you have problems or need answers from other users who volunteer their time to help, do so in a discussion topic and message body, whereby you post specifics (what's the problem or issue, or the question) and provide some information about your operating system, version of the software you're asking about and steps to illustrate your problem.

If you want Adobe to be viewing what you post, there are two ways based on what you are hoping to report:
If you wish to report what you believe is a bug, you do so by following these guidelines:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/how-do-i-write-a-bug-report/idc-p/12932310#M...

If you wish to provide a feature request, you do so by following these guidelines (then make a request in the product forum):
https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-ideas/how-do-i-write-a-feature-request/idi-p/123863...

If all you want to do is rant, this discussion is nearly over. 🤔

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This post's title is derogatory nonsense that could very well have a harmful effect on new users and willing learners by innapropriately discouraging them.

I've just suffered through a like series of replies with respect to the gude*.log issue, where I've been told, while offering workarounds that, "Bridge is useless & is a waste of hard drive space." This is the reverse of community support, and it's false, and it yet stands.

Egotisitcal, unserious, demonstrative declarations are damaging to the process of helping & encouraging new learners. I'd like you to communicate privately with the poster and take down this ridiculous, delusional thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How about the moderator just pull this nonsense post?

Sure; we're done now. 

IF the OP has a question or finds a bug or wants to make a feature request, the OP knows now how to do so.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines