Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ICC profile not showing in Photoshop

Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm having problems with my icc profile in photoshop. I'm using MAC OS Mojave version 10.14.6 with my new Canon Prograf 1000 printer

I've downloaded paper Brilliant Museum icc profile which is showing in: Library/Colorsync/profile/recommended file. However it does'nt show in my photoshop printer settings:

It shows default Canon paper settings.

I've also checked the System/library/profile setting but it won't let me copy/paste the profiles in there. It shows a transparant lock.

My prints are dull/washed out. the colour seems slightly saturated than my previous prints with an epson sure colour p600. I'm assuming I'm not using the correct colour profile with my paper?

Can someone advise/help?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

the Library/Colorsync/profile/recommended folder you mention is for the profiles that show up high in the list in the Photoshop.

If you want it to show in the 'Photoshop Manages Color' icc profile selection pulldown, then try placing your printer profile in the Library / Colorsync / Profiles folder.

Does it show now (be sure to restart Photoshop to be sure the lists are updated)?

If not, double click it in the Finder and that will open the Colorsync Utility. 

Click on 1: 'desc' to see the name tag

There you can check the name. Sometimes the "internal" (displayed in Photoshop) name differs to the filename that you see in the finder. 

I'd love someone to tell me why printer manufacturers sometimes do that 

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management
[please only use the blue reply button at the top of the page, this maintains the original thread title and chronological order of posts]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bingo! That was my problem, not seeing in PS's profiles list an .icc I had installed in Library / Colorsync / Profiles folder.

Sure enough, opened in ColorSync Utility, it shows a different name than the actual .icc file's name. 

Is it okay if I change the name as listed in ColorSync (and thus in PS)?  Or will that cause some problem?

THANKS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all

I am having a similar problem. I am using Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1, the Canon Pixma Pro 100 and Canon Pro Luster LU-101. Under Printer Settings, I am able to select Photo Paper Pro Lustre but under Color Management I am unable to find the profile I need. Where can I find the relevant ICC profiles? The Canon website has only the profiles show is the attached document. Please help. My prints are very disappointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2024 Feb 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Mervynfernando I suggest searching your Mac for "Canon Pro Luster" - see if you can find the ICC profile folder it's in. If it's not found maybe install the print driver again - download it from Canon.

If it is found -  double click the profile to open it and check that the "internal name'  matches the filename - look through Photoshop's list for that name.

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net - adobe forum volunteer - co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management
Help others by clicking "Correct Answer" if the question is answered.
Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines