Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ICO Plugin Error

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2022-04-05_15h17_24.png

I'm running into the above error whenever I attempt to export an ICO format file. I've been using the Telegraphics plugin for a few years with relatively minor issues. I last used this a few months ago to output icons, however I went to run a batch export of ICO files today and I get this error message before every export.

I have tried moving the file into both the Common folders for Adobe plugins as well as the individual program plugin folders. 

I have also tried to use it in PS 2020 (where I last used it without issue) and PS 2022 (downloaded to test if an update would work). 

I get the same result for all. I have also verified that I "unblocked" the file per the recommendation from another result here. 

Any feedback on what I might be doing wrong would be appreciated! The only thing that changed prior to today is that I ran CC updates that released for all of my installed apps. 

Thank you!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Telegraph has not updated their plugins since 2006.

The plugin has been running on borrowed time.

The documentation states:

Tested with:

• Photoshop all versions 3.0-7.0, CS, CS2 on PowerPC Macintosh (OS X, OS 9 and Classic)
  • Photoshop 4.0 / MacOS 8.0 on 68K Macintosh
  • Photoshop 5.0, 7.0 & CS on Windows 98/NT and XP.

The site also states to contact the developer with any issues or for updates: toby@telegraphics.com.au

You can start there and see if you get anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I understand that it's very outdated. Unfortunately it seems to be the only plugin that exists to add ICO export functionality to Photoshop which I require, and was hoping someone else might have run into this and had a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use Irfan view to convert to .ico. It's been around for years and is a very robust little image editor with may plugins of its own. And of course, it's all free.
Pretty pathetic service Adobe's behalf. This has been requested for years and constantly treated with contempt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines