• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ID Printing shape

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2019 Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey ive designed some business cards in photoshop that I want to print on PVC ID cards. However when I print, it prints on the PVC card in the shape of a CD/DVD. Im using the Epson L805. What settings do I change in photoshop for it to print in the shape of an ID?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image file are rectangles there may be areas that have no pixel so those area will have no INK laid down. Therefore an image may appear to have some shape like round.  But the image document  is xPX wide yPX high which will be printed at the document Print DPI resolution.  So the document prints size is xPX/DPI wide by yPX/dpi high.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

right! so what settings do I change?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you mean by the shape of a DVD/CD as they are round, and Photoshop images are always rectangles (they can leave transparent or white areas to give the impression of printing round)

Can you show a picture of your print dialogue when you go to print and of the result when printed

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is how its printing:

As you can see it prints as if I were printing on a cd, when In reality its a PVC ID card.

IMG_8794.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to create you label image like you want you label to look. If you want it  Round with a hole in the center create that image,  It not a setting.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you placing your card on the L805 disc tray...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am using it. According to youtube videos I have to select A4 borderless and then CD/DVD, however photoshop doesn't allow me to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The card doesn't even fit in the disc holder, right? Not sure how this would work... I fear you may damage your printer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the problem as your, did you get the solution? because I tried to follow the coversation but not success for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is not printing size you want you may need to resize the document like change its Print resolution.  You never statted what problems you were having all you stated was you are using a Epson L805.  ???? What problem are you having ????

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your printer has the dedicated disc tray for DVD printing, right? It's the printer settings you need to change such as paper source ​/ ​media type.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may find this helpful.

Photoshop print basics

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

There are heaps of adhesive sheets at officeworks or clear adhesive acetate that you may be able to print on from a home use printer. Worth exploring ebay and the like as an alternative to transfer or offset typography and or art . Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get to fix this problem? I got the same one!!! I've tried many thing and nothing seems to work and i'm starting to get a little frustrated!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same Problem using the Epson L805. All you need is Epson Stylus Photo R270 Series Printer drivers. You should know that these Drivers only work on Windows 7 and 8 and on 86 bit and 32 Bit Only. When selecting the Printer dont selection Epson L805 but Epson Stylus Photo R270 Series, select the paper type first as CD/DVD and the Source as CD/DVD. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi...  every one 

Intially install driver for  Epson L 805 driver and then install

EpsonStylusPhotoR260driver

Then you can print using this driver for ID Card Printer ... in  Epson L805

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines