• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Identical Photoshop Brush (Simon Stålenhag)?

Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

46782AB3-B8C7-455C-BF1E-5C3FEDA5C7CF.jpeg

Hi,

Does anybody have or know where I can get a very similar/identical brush to the one that Simon Stålenhag uses??

Attached is a close up of the way the brush texture works (black), what type is it - zoom in?

Cheers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean that black charcoal effect?

You can ask him personally on Reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/Art/comments/3eozci/i_am_artist_simon_st%C3%A5lenhag_ama/

But some of the Kyle Webster brushes do pretty much the same thing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for the above I have some of his brushes but I'll check more out of his.

(yeah is is the black but if you look at the red colour or all of his paintings that brush is used 99.9% of the time).

I've searched around for ages trying to find the same or similar to that brush/brush marks he uses but just can't find it.

I did send him an email last week but I've had no reply, probably doesn't want anybody using them!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll see if he will respond on Reddit!!

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, how's it going with the brushes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since the last post to this thread, Adobe has made several Kyle Webster brush preset packs available free to Creative Cloud Subscribers.  There is an update to his truly masive Megapack which has close to 500 presets!

image.png

Kyle Webster's Concept brush pack contains another 169 really good presets and is also free.

Righht click inside the document window with the Brush tool selected, click on the little cog icon (top righjt corner) and choose Get more brushes

image.png

With that many presets it can be hard to find the one you want, so think about copying your favourites to a new group, and remember to use the search bar.  A wee tip when searching is to keep it simple. Unless you know the exact name of the brush you are looking for, try not to use more than one search word.

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines