• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

If 3D is going away, why is it in Version 23.01?

Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I get that 3D is disabled in the latest versions on Photoshop. I just installed version 23.01 and it is still there as an option. What's with that? But it does not work in any case. I have an iMac, M1 chip, Big Sur.

All I want to do is to inflate an image ever so slightly and am wondering how I can do that.

Thanks,

Tom

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i think as adobe is now merged in substance 3d they are limiting 3d in new version of photoshop...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some functions and features are not always instantly discontinued, but "deprecated" or "in the process of being removed." Save for Web is another example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The function will be there for a while, but will be depricated. The advice is not to use it, because there are other solutions (like the new Substance 3D suite). The function is still there because people will still have Photoshop files with 3D functionality in it. If it'd be removed completely, people wouldn't be able to open their old files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines