Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iMAC - Your graphics processor is incompatible

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anybody help me please?

When I try to move an image from LR to photoshop for editing I get the above error message.

I have spent 3 hours chatting to Apple for them to decide that the issue is very much with Adobe.  My Mac is 2013 and so doesn't support the latest Apple operating system (I'm on Catalina) but I have onle just started to experience this problem today.  Any ideas?

p.s I am a total technophobe so I'd be grateful for simple instructions!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements for the latest version of Photoshop:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

Graphics card
  • 1.5 GB of GPU memory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The message is telling you that your graphics processor (GPU) does not have sufficient video memory (VRAM) for the current version of Photoshop. You will still be able to use Photoshop, but those functions that use the GPU will not work.

The reason that you see the message now, but not in previous versions, is that Photoshop's GPU functions are being rewritten to run on modern systems. That is partly forced by changes in modern operating systems and partly to increase speed with the image sizes we now take for granted.  Unfortunately that means that some older systems will now not have the hardware to run those rewritten functions.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines