• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image changes on export, when flattening all layers or merging all layers.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to export this image in Photoshop 22.5:

Fr3aky_1-1630424854800.png

When exporting everything seems to change. I tried playing with the export settings, but this wouldn't change anything. Merging all the layers or flattening the image results in the same as the export preview. 

Fr3aky_2-1630424952896.png

I think it's because two of my layers are using the luminosity blending mode. When I remove the two layers my viewport and the export will have the same result again.

Has anyone any idea what the problem is or how to fix it?

Already, thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

At current one cannot set the Cache Level to 1 and have it stick, if Cache Level 2 provides a better preview that’s certainly welcome, but ultimately you should, for the time being, ideally assess sensitive Adjustments at View > 100%. 

That is reliable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots taken at View > 100% with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Channels, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I took some screenshots with my view on 100% showing the layers and channels panels on the right:

Fr3aky_0-1630427399518.png

Fr3aky_1-1630427459568.png

Fr3aky_2-1630427475099.png

It's like this in the preview at 100% and now I'm guessing it is actually the same:

Fr3aky_5-1630428311924.png

I saw you used the curves adjustment layer to change the color on view at 100% and it turned black and white. I can still change the colors with the curves adjustment layer without getting a black and white image.

Fr3aky_3-1630427774044.pngFr3aky_4-1630427799392.png

I also saw you tried to fix this by changing your cache level from 2 to 1. Mine was normally at 4, I switched it to 1 and saved the file. When I came back it went up to 2 again. But with 2 it seems to look the same as the render preview.

Fr3aky_7-1630428890004.png

Should I just try and recreate the image I want with the cache level set on two or is there a better workaround?

Already thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At current one cannot set the Cache Level to 1 and have it stick, if Cache Level 2 provides a better preview that’s certainly welcome, but ultimately you should, for the time being, ideally assess sensitive Adjustments at View > 100%. 

That is reliable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks man, will do!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines