Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image distortion even though aspect ratios are locked

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There

When using the 'export as' function in photoshop to create three resized images with their own suffix's (LRG, MED & SM) I sometimes find that the smallest image create (Ideally for a thumbnail) distorts even though the aspect ratio is locked.

My Process is to import the image, select export as. Make three different size versions x1 x0.5 and x0.1 whilst also making sure that the image size doesnt exceed 800px. So for example the orginal image is 1500x750 px

I will change the longer/greater size to 800px (Locking the aspect ratio) the image would then change to 800 x 400px and then I would export. In most cases this result in three perfectly usable images created and saved. However some times the smallest image distorts. If I go back and move the change of size from x0.1 of the orginal to x0.25 and replace the image, this resolves. I obviously don't want too many thumbnails of this size on the website so am looking for a better solution than just upping the size of the image to make it work. The only common denominator ive found(and this may not be difiniative) is the original images this happens to, tend to be quite tighlty cropped with a white background.

Any help would be greatly appreociated as I have thousands of images to do and finding the source of the problem would be better than applying a fix that comprimises the speed of the webiste.

Many Thanks

Angus

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshots? Anything fancy turned on in the resize dialog and/ or crop tool like perspective correction or auto options to detect content? What's the source of the files? How are they transferred/ integrated to the web site? Any extra processing on there?

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Example of how it distorts below at x0.1 of the orginal size.

default7gvid1cmkkax_1-1657036834483.jpeg

The original adjusted to 0.5 of orginal size shown below(No distortion)

default7gvid1cmkkax_3-1657037351442.jpeg

Screen setting used each time - (differenet product shown, but same settings).

default7gvid1cmkkax_2-1657037097433.png

files supplied by our suppliers via We Transfer. Saved to local drive and opened in readiness to optimise as described before. Using the Export as function to allow for creating multiple sizes and suffix's in one operation. Just seems to affect the smallest version i.e x 0.1

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

A

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines