• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image duplicates when I use the move tool

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I stop photoshop from duplicating my image when I use the move tool or want to enlarge the image in the workspace?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps your Alt/Opt key is pressed down even without your willing and knowledge? Check your keyboard and clean it or ensure that Alt is not pressed all the time or at time when you are using Move tool or Transform command.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find a solution to this problem ?  It also happens to me. I use the transform tool on an image and it first duplicates it then allows me to transform, leaving me with an extra layer copy ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Melanie.  Bojan asked the OP if they were holding down the Alt/Opt key which causes Photoshop to copy selected pixels when moving them, but on the same layer.  Is that what is happening for you? 

Are you using any modifier keys?

Can you give us more detail about the workflow steps that lead to the issue for you, and describe in detail what is happening?

In case it is a bug, is this with the latest version of Photoshop (i.e. 25.0.0)?  What operation system and version are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines