• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

image freeze duplication bug

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Up until a few hours ago I was able to use Photoshop version 23.2.2 without any problems. However, now whenever I create a new file and zoom in/out or pan across/up the canvas the frame duplicates/freezes across the page (pictured) and I'm unable to use any tools.  

I was able to find a fix by disabling "Using Graphics Processor" however its uncomfortable using Photoshop with that option disabled. Is there a reason why this randomly started happening and is there a fix other than unchecking the "Using Graphics Processor" box. I've tried using previous versions of Photoshop, removing settings from the files in Roaming, updating my GPU driver however nothing has proved successful. 

photoshop bug1.jpg

photoshop bug2.jpg

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If turning OFF GPU works, it's a GPU bug and you need to contact the manufacturer or find out if there's an updated driver for it. On the Mac, that's part of the OS update(s) so if this is the latest OS version, you may need to roll back a release.
Also see: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/acr-gpu-faq.html
Also see: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/weird-ps-bug-psd-file-looks-messed-up/idi-p/...

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would make sense however I have just logged into a seperate user on my laptop (my work account) to see if the issues also applied on that account too and to my surprise they didn't? So I'm not too sure why its only my main user profile which is affected but I can use Photoshop perfectly fine now. Thanks anyway. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We believe that underlying issue (temporarily worked around by selecting the ‘Deactivate native canvas button’ in Technology Preview) has been fixed, and you may now de-select that button for future Photoshop sessions. Please let us know if any of these issues return once the native canvas has been re-activated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines