Image not view with my original settings in Photoshop

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

Why when I open a RAW image in Photoshop, it not keeps the original settings that it was taken by my dslr camera photo,no matter what picture profile I use in my camera?🤔

Regards,
Dorinel.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A raw file is a just a data dump from the camera sensor. It's what the sensor recorded when the shutter opened, nothing more.

All the rest is processing of that raw data. The camera has its own raw processor built in, but the only control you have over that camera processing is a number of presets ("picture profiles"). The result of this is a camera processed jpeg.

ACR is a completely different processing engine, with full manual control over all parameters. But it won't match the camera processing and isn't supposed to.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does your camera maker provide a propietary RAW development tool? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines