• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

image processor no longer works after 23.2.2 update

Contributor ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two days ago image processor worked fine.  This morning I updated to 23.2.2 and it stopped working with error message in attached photo.  I rolled back to 23.2.1 which worked before but now it doesn't work there either.  While still on 23.2.1 tried a different image to be sure it was not something strange with that file.  Still does not work.  Need to know how to get image processor to work again.  Help will be appreciated.  Using Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Thanks for your continued help.  Not being a computer guru I don't really understand your comment on elevating the file.  As to trying files on desktop or docs folder, I did not try.  Image processor used to work fine no matter where the files were and just suddenly stopped working.  Now get this!  Today I just tried it and it worked.  Gotta love computers.  I'd still like to know what happened but can't see how we'll ever find out.  Just hope it does not happen again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2022\Adobe Photoshop 2022 Settings

and delete the

Image Processor.xml

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but did that and no help.  All it did was wipe out all my previous settings used for file type, size, etc. without curing the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I notice the file named in the error message is in the Program Files, which generally needs elevated permissions to do anything with like saving.

Have you tried any images/files that are on your desktop or documents folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your continued help.  Not being a computer guru I don't really understand your comment on elevating the file.  As to trying files on desktop or docs folder, I did not try.  Image processor used to work fine no matter where the files were and just suddenly stopped working.  Now get this!  Today I just tried it and it worked.  Gotta love computers.  I'd still like to know what happened but can't see how we'll ever find out.  Just hope it does not happen again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)" /><!--<br>/* Font Definitions */<br>@font-face<br> {font-family:"Cambria Math";<br> panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}<br>@font-face<br> {font-family:Calibri;<br> panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}<br>/* Style Definitions */<br>p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal<br> {margin:0in;<br> font-size:11.0pt;<br> font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}<br>a:link, span.MsoHyperlink<br> {mso-style-priority:99;<br> color:blue;<br> text-decoration:underline;}<br>.MsoChpDefault<br> {mso-style-type:export-only;}<br>@page WordSection1<br> {size:8.5in 11.0in;<br> margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}<br>div.WordSection1<br> {page:WordSection1;}<br>-->

Thanks but did that and no help.  All it did was wipe out all my previous settings used for file type, size, etc.

JR

Sent from Mail for Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines