• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image Processor not applying Color profiles

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Mac OS 12.3.1 Monterey and PhotoShop 23.3.2.

The Image Processor is not applying color profiles when run from Bridge or Photoshop.

The files are "untagged" despite selecting Convert to sRGB, or running an action that includes a Convert to Profile command.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files are untagged because in the action is not required to embed the current profile.  Re-Record the action and include the check box to embed the color profile as shown in the screenshot below.  That will resolve this issue.  

Screen Shot 2022-07-28 at 3.45.29 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am testing on Windows using Photoshop 23.4.2 and everything works fine. I am running Image Processor on one image with Untagged and two images in Adobe RGB (1998).

IProcesor.jpg

Processed images are all converted/saved to sRGB profile.

converted to sRGB.jpgconverted to sRGB2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The key is including the ICC profile.  This is a must in all workflows, especially an RGB workflow.  See the check box included in Bojan's  first screenshot.   to see the checkbox. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also on a Mac, the latest version of PS: With the embed check box invoked, the images do get tagged with sRGB (and converted from other RGB Working Spaces). 

If you don't want to start from scratch, just Assign sRGB to those images; they are in sRGB. In the future, just use that checkbox, it does work for me on Mac. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As an aside, the OP and perhaps others should start a feature request* that IF Convert to sRGB check box is on, the 2nd check box (which IMHO should just be removed; Include ICC profile) also be checked.  

There's no reason to have the current behavior which is just a big hurt me button (convert, yet embed which is again IMHO, incorrectly labeled "include"). Any opportunity for Photoshop to allow untagged RGB mystery meat needs to be removed. 

*To do so:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-ideas/how-do-i-write-a-feature-request/idi-p/1238...

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines