• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image processor problem in photoshop cc

Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2019 Aug 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to batch process some files using the image processor . When I click on any folder containing image files it comes up "no files match your search"   (I know there are files in the folders) . I have used the image processor recently and it was ok. I have also re installed Photoshop and its still the same?????. Amy help would be appreciated.   Thanks ..Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2019 Aug 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to show exactly what you have set the Imager Process dialog. Capture the screen, Show the Message you get capture that screen. Show a screen capture of the files listed in the folder you set in the image processor dialog. Also What OS and Photoshop version you are using.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

Sorry that you're getting an error message "no files matching for your search" while trying to Image processor in Photoshop.

Which version of Photoshop are you using? What is the format of the image files you're trying to import and are you able to open them directly using File> Open in Photoshop?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash Sharama.

Thanks for replying.

All image files , Raw ,tiff , jpeg . When I choose the folder to open (from within the image processor) it just gives me that message.

Yes I can open the folders from within Photoshop and see and choose which files to open into photoshop.

I have discovered that if I SINGLE click on a folder from within image processor (but don't open it ) I can convert EVERYTHING in that folder. ….Its when I try to open the folder to choose which files to process that the message comes up.

I am using uptodate , Latest photoshop.... (Subscription)

Hope this all makes sense

Thanks again

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Image Processor Dialog has 4 sections.

In Section 1 you use the select folder button to select a folder of image files you want to process.

In Section 2 you use the select folder button to select a folder  you want to save processes image into.

In Section 3 you select what file types you want to save and optionally resized to fit within a width and height in pixels

In Section 4 you set preference: to run an action during the processing;. add a copyright to all processed images your or not. and wether to include the icc profile in the saved image files.

Then you click the RUN button. Photoshop Should then Process the Images files in the folder selected and save the processed files into the selected output folder.

Here the source folder had 5 image files one raw and four jpeg files:

Output Jpeg files were save into a sub-foldet name Jpeg in the output select folder  temp on my desktop.  Five Jpeg were saved

During the processing I saw each image open and close in Photoshop. No message were generated by  the Image Processor. Only the output image files were produced.

If I run the script again the same way five more new jpegs will be saved they will have a serial added to the file names to make the output filename unique. However I chose to resize the image on the second run you can see they have been resized.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So . Are you saying that the image processor will only work on complete folders, and I cant choose which files within a folder to modify.

Thanks Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.  Image Processor can process file form many folders selected in the bridge, process collections. It can also process open document in Photoshop look at section 1 in the dialog and that section will change if used from the bridge.  There is even a more powerful Image Processor Pro you can download and install from the web.  Its a Plug-in Script can be used from the Bridge as well as Photoshop. In  Photoshop whet installed be in menu File>Automate>Image Processor Pro.  Its a Photoshop Plug-in it support being recorded in Actions.  It has more features then Image processor.  Can save more file types and up to 10 Output files for processed images.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJMack. I don't think you understand the OP's question. He want's to know why, when you click on a folder to chosse which images to process he gets the error message, "no files match your search" I think that's why he stopped disgussing this, because your not understanding his concern.  I have the same problem but the answer is not here at all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here and can see no answer above either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Image processor required a folder for process its images. You can not select images like cr2, TIFF, PNG. You will required to select the folder where you have the images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines