Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image quality

Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am running PS ver 23.2.1 20220222.r.303 eedc582 x64 on a PC.

When I drag and drop images onto a project they are smart objects, which is good. However, when I drag the transform control to resize them the quality of the image becomes pixelated (sizing down or sizing up - doesn't matter). The files are jpg and 15-20MB on average so the quality is there).

I turned off the GPU acceleration in Performance settings as suggested somewhere on Google, but now I get a lot of weird artefacts - as if the screen was not refreshing - when I zoom in and out.

Also, transform controls don't always show (I have the auto-select ticked and show transform controls ticked as well) - I have to unclick the layer in the layers panel and click it again. Frustrating to say the least. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Go to Preferences > Technology Previews... and check "Disable Native Canvas" - then restart Photoshop. Does the problem still occur?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Preferences > Technology Previews... and check "Disable Native Canvas" - then restart Photoshop. Does the problem still occur?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There, that seems to have helped with the "not refreshing" artefact and the disappearing transform control, thank you.

What do we do about not being able to use the GPU anymore?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update your graphics card. This usually happens if you're running an older card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So NVidia Quadro P1000 is not good enough? I use it for Premiere Pro and it seems to work well... All drivers are up to date as well. Seems a bit strange that it was absolutely fine before the latest update. Oh well... let's blame the hardware. Thanks anyway for sorting the other stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@marekc56826369,

This issue appears to be Photoshop falling out of GPU mode, revealing CPU-only issues. We made several changes in this area to improve GPU stability over the last releases and ask that you let us know if you continue to run into any issues.

Note that older GPU cards without DirectX 12 support (prior to mid 2015) will, often by design, fall back to CPU-only mode, and GPU-related features (listed here) may not be reliably available on those systems. While we continue to work to keep Photoshop running reliably on older systems, modern GPU hardware remains a vital component for your system configuration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines