Image resize with M1 Silicon

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I loaded the most recent version of PS (23.3.0) on a new 16" Macbook Pro M1 with 16 GB Ram. When I increase the size of a .psd image, I get major distortions and jaggies, large blocks of color etc. in the image. If I turn off the GPU, it seems to work just fine but it is ~2x slower. Any solutions other than to remove important hardware? I am running Monteray 12.3.1.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: I was experiencing the problem described in my inital post when selecting "Auto" as the resizing method. I tried all of the specific selections in the drop down and they all worked. I have no  idea why "Auto" would distort the image, or which method Auto is selecting, but it seems that something is amiss with this version of PS.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Clarification: Just discovered that the resizing method causing the problem is "Preserve Details enlargement."

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines