• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image resizing coming out blurry - please help!

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm trying to resize a lot images for a website. I've tried a few different ways (photoshop, lightroom, canva) and everything comes out blurry/fuzzy/pixelated, especially for the smaller size.

The original JPEG dimensions are around 6000x4000 (they vary as they're from mulitple photographers). I need to resize them to two different sizes:

960x680 (50 images)

650x400 (50 Images)

For most of them I'm also cropping the image to center the subject. Can anyone please tell me the best way to do this along with the steps? I'm more familar with photoshop. 

Here's an example of what's happening:

7.jpg (resized to 650x400)

20210626_Play Hockey 2570.jpg(orignial image)

Thank you!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

650 x 400 is a very small image, so don't expect miracles. There's only so much detail that can be represented by 650 pixels.

That said, resampling will always soften an image, so standard procedure is to do a bit of sharpening after resampling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The images look fine. 650x400 will have less pixels, so will naturally not have as much detail. Imagine if each pixel is the size of a colored post it note, but lets say the size of the post it note in 1mm square.

MikeGondek_0-1658256408254.png

Try File >> Scripts >> Image processor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@MAG50 wrote:

I've tried a few different ways (photoshop, lightroom, canva)

If you’re batch exporting out of Lightroom Classic or Camera Raw, in the Export dialog box there is an Output Sharpening option that’s useful for adding back some snap to resized images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines