• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image sharper in ACR, softned in PS, no adjustments made, both viewed at 100%

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I pull up an image into ACR, it is tack sharp,  open in PS without having made any adjustments to the image, and when viewing in PS the image is soft and details are not as sharp.  1) is the edited, saved image going to be saved as the unsharp images as I see it in PS, or will it be sharp like it is in RAW?  2) Would this have anything to do with my  RAW  and PS color settings?  Raw settings are: ProPhoto RGB 16 bit.  Color settings in PS are sRGB IEC61966-2.1.  

Thank you for any advice you have to offer!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show a side by side 100% screenshot.

It's not the color spaces.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason the screenshots dont reflect much difference, if anything, the PS image now looks sharper than the 
ACR screen shot. But in person viewing them there is a significant difference, with PS being the softer image. ACR 100% view.jpgPS view @ 100%.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are identical.

compare.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah thats why I said that the screenshot didn't reflect the diffenrence between them, viewing them in person on my PC its noticably different.  Even my husband who does not have a trained eye to focused/sharp images, was able to see the drastic difference between ACR and PS, wish I could figure out how to show it here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That can easily happen if you view at other zoom ratios than 100%. Screen resampling algorithms are different.

100% is a special case, because it maps one image pixel to exactly one physical screen pixel. There is no resampling. Each single image pixel is represented as is. It's the only way to judge the true pixel structure of the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

146 copy unedited.jpg

Here is the same image, opened through acr into ps, completely unedited,  all I did was open it to save it as a jpg. I know saving to jpg compress data, but this is the closest representation of what it looks like in ps.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

nevermind, this still looks sharper than my view in PS... I give up, I don't have anyway to show what it looks like on my end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines