• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image tabs don't open sequentially

Contributor ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Please view the attached. If I open image 0114, work on it and then close and save it, the next image that opens is always the last image in the tabs, in this case image 0120. I would like the images to open sequentially, one right after the other. Is there a setting that will resolve this? Thanks for any help.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

You need to change the open window's display to Details.

open-details.png

A related topic here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/paste-on-multiple-layers-at-once/td-p/11294160

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor , Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

but yes, using Control + ~ does cycle it to the first tab. I guess that will have to do although I was hoping it wouldn't require that additional step, that it would automatically cycle to the first tab. Thanks for your help, I appreciate your time and effort.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you actually opening multiple images? The images are open in the sort order produced by the open method. You can use file open, or Bridge and the sort order is respected (name, name reverse, date, custom etc).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please view the 4 attched to see what happens. I'll open multiple images as in Sequence 001. As you can see in attached Sequence 002, the first image to open is image 0008. If I then open image 0001 (attached Sequence 003), work on it and save and close it, the next image to open is 0008, not 0002 (attached Sequence 004). No matter how many image tabs I open this always happens and has been since day 1, many years ago. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to change the open window's display to Details.

open-details.png

A related topic here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/paste-on-multiple-layers-at-once/td-p...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed the open details to Details but nothing changed...or didn't I do it right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but yes, using Control + ~ does cycle it to the first tab. I guess that will have to do although I was hoping it wouldn't require that additional step, that it would automatically cycle to the first tab. Thanks for your help, I appreciate your time and effort.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

BTW: Using Control + ~ works in any of the View options

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines