• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image won't close (stuck) in Photoshop 23.4.2 (macOS 12.4)

Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've have facing this problem for sometime now. If I have several images open at the same time in PS, one of the images goes to state where it doesn't close / save / anything.

If I hit ESC "save popup window flashes nano second" and I can go to another images and they work fine, but this one image gets stuck. If I hit X on image tab I just get error sound. All the menus are disabled too. Close All doesn't work either.

Only way to "solve" this is to do Force Quit and start over.

I have OSX 12.4. and PS 23.4.2.

{Title edited by Moderator}

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We're sorry to hear about the trouble that you see with Photoshop. 

Since when are you noticing this; after the recent update? What is the file format of the image? Does it happen with a particular image or different images? Did you try any troubleshooting so far?

You can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#reset_preferences.

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences.

You can check https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#BackupPhotoshoppreferences.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem was happening in previous version of PS too. And different images. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: This all start while image is saving and I start to work with another file in PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have this same eaxt problem which has been an issue since I upgraded my mac. It's happened with every single update too so nothing seems to be fixing this issue. Since upgrading my mac, I've had a whole bunch of problems with photoshop that I didn't experience on my other laptop. It's driving me mad! I wish I could find a solution to this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines