• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images are opening on an older installed version of Photoshop.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have CS6 and Photoshop CC 2021 installed.

When I click on an image in Explorer (Windows), the images will open on CS6.

I have tried to re-direct the images to open using Adobe CC 2021 using: R-Click over image, "Properties", "Opens with" and then using the "Change" icon, point it to the applcation file "Adobe Photoshop 2021", click "Apply" but it returns back to the Same "Opens with Photoshop CS6"!?

Lastly, I need a fix that will make all images open in CC and not a fix that address images on an image-by-image method.

Can anyone help?

Thank you

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lastly, I need a fix that will make all images open in CC and not a fix that address images on an image-by-image method.

See Change default programs in Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a lot of problems with Photoshop 2021 versions.  IMO CS6 or Photoshop 2020 are a better choice for the default Image editing Application.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you but I've been using CC 2021 for quite a while and prefer it over CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll need to update your file association.

There are some suggestions at https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/file-associations-broken-uninstall-applications.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, thank you.

I looked at some of the links and this appears to have good potential for success.

I'll let you know if I find the solution.

Thank you again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@defaultn37ugwfhy4h9 wrote:

I have tried to re-direct the images to open using Adobe CC 2021 using: R-Click over image, "Properties", "Opens with" and then using the "Change" icon, point it to the applcation file "Adobe Photoshop 2021", click "Apply" but it returns back to the Same "Opens with Photoshop CS6"!?

Hi

I'm on a Mac, but I found a screenshot ot the "Always use this app" command that you have to click to change the association for all PSDs.

EE474154-A37F-43BC-B3DD-D42D4B4F179D.jpeg

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines