• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

images are zooming in and out on their own

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having a seriously annoying problem lately with PS 23.1.1. I'm working on a Mac.

While working on an image it will change it's zoom (jumpy) to something odd like 63.45%, and appear fuzzy/out of focus. This happens whether I'm using my stylus or mouse. It doesn't only zoom in but out as well.

Any help very much appreciated.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear about the trouble experienced in Photoshop. We're here to help.

Which version of macOS are you using? Since when do you notice this? Is it happening with a particular file type?
Can you go into Preferences (Cmd+ K) > Tools and uncheck Animated Zoom? Relaunch the app.

If it doesn't make any difference, goto Scrubby Zoom on the Zoom tool options Bar at the top and uncheck it.

Relaunch Photoshop.

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks,

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding.

I am using OS 11.6.2 Big Sur.
I’ve been noticing this for awhile.
I’m working on tiff or ps files.
I’ve unchecked Animated Zoom and do not have Scrubby Zoom checked but it’s still happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info. Would you mind updating your macOS and Photoshop to the latest version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@kkrip wrote:

This happens whether I'm using my stylus or mouse.

Because you are using a stylus, is it with a tablet that has a scroll wheel or multi-touch gesture support? My tablet has both, and if the touch switch is turned on, or if my hand brushes up against the scroll wheel, either can cause an unexpected change to the view such as zooming.

Also, what kind of mouse is it? If it’s an Apple Magic Mouse with a multi-touch surface on top, again it might be possible for stray touches to change the view.

Just some ideas to check out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines