• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images Blacked out in Photoshop

Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a PSA for the portion of the Adobe Photoshop ecosystem that is using the latest Intel Macs and is experiencing Images that open in Photoshop that are black, but the thumbnails in both Photoshop and Bridge are showing the correct preview.  

After spending some time with Adobe on this issue, I was instructed to reset the Photoshop Preferences using the button that says reset preferences on close.  Then I turned on the Use Graphics Processor button I had turned off to get the images to display properly and restarted Photoshop.  Thankfully this solved the problem and Photoshop has worked ever since without any issue.  

So I hope this helps those who have seen the same problem and corrects it for them as well.  

ICC programmer and developer, Photographer, artist and color management expert, Print standards and process expert.
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Bob,

thank you for sharing your experience with the entire community 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines