• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images fracture in Free Transform, performance is slower than expected

Participant ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at these images. This happens in Safe Mode, in Normal Mode, with the GPU switched on or off and whether it's Legacy Free Transform or not. Everything fractures as I move it around. These are screengrabs from screen recordings. The file size is 140Mb which for me is small to normal.

This is concurrent with generally poor performance (which doesn't improve in Safe Mode) where controls are sticky and there is a micro delay on every mouse click.

Occasionally if the GPU is activated the images appear fractured or black upon opening and simply have to be closed again. This only happens now and then.

I am also having bad performance issues and crashes in Illustrator. On tiny <1Mb files.

The only program that is running smoothly on my Mac Studio is Cubase. Anything graphics-based is slow.

I am running a Mac Studio M1 Max 32Mb, Ventura 13.3. I have carried out a diagnostics check (normal) and tried Safe Mode, GPU on and off (same issues).

Screenshot 2023-04-12 at 10.21.08.png

Screenshot 2023-04-12 at 10.23.19.png

  

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Participant ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add - the layer with the beer glasses in the image has no live text on it. It is a rasterized single layer. This issue is happening with text and non-text elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having performance issue's running Illustrator, indesign & photoshop on my Mac Studio M1Ventura 13.6. Moving around a document with lots of vector work is sooo laggy. I have over 800GB of free space on my solid state drive. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have come to the conclusion that the e-GPU now common on newer Macs is a crock. I think my performance issues are to do with the fact that the Mac Studio M1 32GB Ventura's graphics capability is shockingly bad compared to the old iMacs of ten years ago. My ancient 8GB iMac totally outperforms the new Mac M1on every level. It's a terrible thing to have discovered, particularly after watching YouTube videos from people - clearly not graphics professionals, I now realise - saying how fast it is. It isn't. The Mac M1 chip is appallingly slow. It's why they offer the M2. I've lately been looking at a Mac Pro, which does at least seem to still have a real graphics card. That, I fear, is the cause of all these issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines