• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images in hidden tabs zooming uncontrollably

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working in Photoshop 2020 and Mac OS Catalina.

I often have several images open at once, as tabs, and frequently switch from one to another.

I find that the images in hidden tabs often gradually creep to a high zoom level, like 12800%, so every time I reopen them I have to zoom them out before I can work with them again.

Any tips on how to stop this "zoom creep"from happening? TIA

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a recent behavior that has annoyed me as well. If multiple tabs are open and I zoom in the active one, the other tabs will also zoom the same amount, and when I switch to make another tab active, the zoom will occurred there to the same degeree, no matter what the zoom level of the tab prior to zooming in an adjacent tab. Is there some way to achieve persistence of zoom level so that only when tabs are actively zoomed in or out, that they will change? 

One thing I can try to do is to have all tabs at the same zoom level so I can switch between tabs to see differences between images. This behavior makes this very difficult.

I am on MacOS 11.6 in PSD 22.5.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find a solution? I'm jumping between images to create multi-people collages and find it incredibly frustrating! every time I switch between images I have to zoom back out again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uncheck "Zoom All Windows" in the options bar.

zoom.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great!! Now how do I find this in the labyrinthian UI of PSD? Help was no help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2023 Nov 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's simple - select the zoom tool and in the options at the top of your Photoshop window you will see the controls as pictured.  (If you don't have the row of options visible, google how to make that visible. I think it's a default and I don't see a toggle in the "View" menu, but maybe it can get hidden)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines