• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images minimize in dock and disappear

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am having a problem when i minimize photos in photoshop they disappear. They use to just float on the dock and I would just be able to go back to it fast. Now I have to go the the photoshop logo and click show all windows.  How do I take it off this disappearing mode and have them store in the dock.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Please click on the Apple icon on the top left then choose system preferences then choose dock and uncheck "Minimize windows into application icon" and let us know if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marthag,

As this seems like an unexpected behavior of Photoshop, I would suggest you to try resetting the preferences of Photoshop:

To restore preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut: Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop.

Please let us know if it works.

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did not work. All i got was a pop up if a third party could have access. When I did it a second time I did not get prompted to delete settings. Nothing happen when I held down the keys and photoshop open normally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also reset the preferences by going to Photoshop > Preferences > General and choose "Reset preferences on quit" then relaunch Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please click on the Apple icon on the top left then choose system preferences then choose dock and uncheck "Minimize windows into application icon" and let us know if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES!!!!! Awesome that worked. Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad that worked, I would request you to mark the answer as correct so that it will be helpful for the users who would be referring to this thread in future. Feel free to reach out to us for any future queries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,
Just wondering if you have an equivalent solution for Windows/PC? I'm not on a Mac, and this doesn't work on PC...
Hoping you can help again...
w

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem and cannot seem to fix it??? I am on a PC not an Apple computer. Therefore, how do I do this in Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't work for me on a PC either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines