• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

import photo from ACR 15.1.1.1329 to Photoshop 24.1.1 impossible coming from Bridge 13.02.6.636

Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since a few days it's not possible anymore to open a photo in ACR and import it in Photoshop when you come from Bridge. The only way to do this is to view the photo's in Bridge (because you don't see raw-thumbnails in explorer), remember the number, then go to Windows explorer, seek for the right number, rightclick on "Open with...". The photo is opened in ACR then and..... then the "open" button works! There seems to be a bug between Bridge en ACR?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Yes, when I open with File - open it also comes in ACR and the "open" button is working, same as Windows explorer. 

Okay, I've to ask the same question in a group about Bridge now I understand?? Adobe isn't Adobe? I'll give it a try to find this forum and copy paste the topic. Hopefully Adobe will fix this bug soon....

By @Stapfoto

This is the Photoshop forum. 

There is also an Adobe Camera Raw forum. 

Your issue appears to be Bridge related. So your best bet is to start a thread there describi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post if it helps you get responses.

<moved from using the community>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uuuhh.... it's the same?? Unfortunately no answer to my problem, still have to spend hours with this workarround and telling unpatiently waiting customers about the current problems with Adobe 😥.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wait for a ps expert to respond.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,  @Stapfoto could you please describe what you mean by impossible?

Is the open button greyed out? do you get an error message, or is it simply inoperative?

Which OS do you have and what are the specs of your computer (CPU, GPU, RAM?) and the camera that produces the raw files? What is the last update that was done?

Did you try resetting the preferences in Camera Raw, or Bridge, or Photoshop?

Try to restore your preferences to the default using this manual method:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually it lets you keep a copy on the desktop that you can use to revert the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This specs are in de topic: ACR 15.1.1.1329, Photoshop 24.1.1, Bridge 13.02.6.636.  
What happens is that when I open a photo in Bridge it opens okay in ACR. But trying to import it from ACR to  Photoshop with the "open" button brings me back to Bridge. The strange thing is that opening the same photo with Explorer (Windows 10 pro) it opens also in ACR of course, bur then the button brings me, as it shoud do, to Photoshop. So it works fine then. I don't think PC, Ram, GPU are the problem (I work every day on Adobe, never had this problem), but because you asked: 
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz 3.80 GHz
Ram: 32 GB
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Camera Raw can be hosted by either Bridge or Photoshop. So when you attempt to open a raw from Photoshop (File>Open) does Adobe Camera Raw now load with the raw? If yes, this is a Bridge issue; you'll need to post on the Bridge forum. 

The other step you can try is resetting the Adobe Camera Raw preferences. Hold down the Command key and select Photoshop > Preferences > Camera Raw (macOS) or hold down the Ctrl key and select Edit > Preferences > Camera Raw (Windows).
Click Yes in the dialog that asks "Delete the Camera Raw Preferences?"
See also:
https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/using/camera-raw-settings.html 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, when I open with File - open it also comes in ACR and the "open" button is working, same as Windows explorer. 

Okay, I've to ask the same question in a group about Bridge now I understand?? Adobe isn't Adobe? I'll give it a try to find this forum and copy paste the topic. Hopefully Adobe will fix this bug soon....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By @Stapfoto

This is the Photoshop forum. 

There is also an Adobe Camera Raw forum. 

Your issue appears to be Bridge related. So your best bet is to start a thread there describing the issue as Bridge hosting ACR. Adobe Camera Raw is working as it should with Photoshop, based on your last post. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Done ;-). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines