• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import RAW files on Photoshop IPad

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2023 Apr 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I just bought Photoshop on my IPad, and it is impossible to load RAW pictures neither directly from my Canon camera (usb connection), neither from Canon DPP app that is currently used for my RAW pics...

thanks for help...

steph 

TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @stéphane29543819py3x Try Lightroom Mobile for processing RAW files, not Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By, I downloaded Lightroom, but impossible to load images from my Canon Camera, even from the Canon DPP app... ? any solution ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are saying that Photoshop, Lightroom, and Canon DPP all cannot do it, then we know the problem is not related to Adobe because Canon’s app can’t see the images either. So then we have to ask:

• How are you connecting the camera or its card to the iPad? 
  • Does the iPad have a Lightning or USB-C port? 
  • What kind of cables, hubs, or adapters are you using? 
  • Can you see the camera or card in the Files app in iPad OS? If you can see it listed in the Locations panel, then it should be available to Canon DPP and the Adobe apps. If you cannot see it in the Locations panel of the Files app, you need to troubleshoot the cable connection. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, il works with the Canon DPP app. But no way for me at this time to use
the raw pictures with Adobe apps !!.. no meeting between Ligtroom or
Photoshop and my camera, neither with the Canon DPP app… I do have Raw
files on my canera card, an d DPP app. But impossible to load on these two
Adobe products …
Any solution ?
--
Stéphane Brunier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @stéphane29543819py3x ignore the Canon app that has nothing to do with opening RAW files in Adobe products. How are you connecting your mobile device to your memory card to access the RAW files? -edit: sorry I see you posted you are using USB to connect. What version iPad, iOS are you running and what specific Canon camera?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Connecting via usb wire my camera and the card inside…--
Stéphane Brunier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What version Canon camera and RAW format?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @stéphane29543819py3x Try Lightroom Mobile for processing RAW files, not Photoshop.

By @kevin stohlmeyer

This has changed, by the way. Adobe Camera Raw is now part of Photoshop for iPad. When you have Photoshop for iPad open a raw file, Camera Raw opens first, just as it does on the desktop. The Camera Raw feature set on iPad is, of course, limited compared to the desktop, but it is there now. It is no longer necessary to go through Lightroom first.

Adobe tech article:

Work with Camera Raw files in Photoshop on your iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi @Conrad C I know PS can open RAW in the newer versions, but the OP had not mentioned using LR mobile so was trying to see if that did allow them to connect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, just for troubleshooting. That’s fine then, of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines