• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing from google photos

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot figure out how to import images from Google Photos. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Select your images in photos.google.com. Click the three vertical dots menu in the upper right corner; select download (or SHIFT+D). That will put your Google photos onto your computer as .jpg files you can then open.

Also, I believe you could install the Google Photos companion app on your computer, and it will keep a folder synced with your online photos, and you could work with them from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select your images in photos.google.com. Click the three vertical dots menu in the upper right corner; select download (or SHIFT+D). That will put your Google photos onto your computer as .jpg files you can then open.

Also, I believe you could install the Google Photos companion app on your computer, and it will keep a folder synced with your online photos, and you could work with them from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't seem to be working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kelly, the post you are referencing is four years old, and Google Images has had some changes — I don't know for sure about the time frame.  I usually click on an image which places it on the right of the window, and then right click and choose Copy Image.

image.png

In Photoshop use Ctrl N to open a new document the size of the clipboard, and paste it in with Ctrl v

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A few additional points:

Click on Tools > Size and select large  because the larger the image, the better a selection can be made of it.

When grabbing PNG images with a transparent background, you need to chose Save Image rather than copy to the clipboard for the transparency to work.  It is always worth adding phrases like 'Transparent PNG' etc, to the search criteria as it very often works.

If you need larger images use the Advanced Image Search which lets you specify minimum size plu it has other useful selection tools.

https://www.google.com/advanced_image_search

Check out Yandex which has more search tools than Google, and tends to find betterr results IME.  For Instance, with Google you need to reset the size to large every time you change the search words. That is not the case with Yandex.   

Yandex's Image Type tools are particulary useful.  i.e. White background makes selections easier in Photoshop

image.png

If you are using Windows, you might not be aware that it has an extended clipboard feature.

Turn on Clipboard History in Settings

image.png

You can then use Windows key v to open a window with the last 20 items in your clipboard

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines