Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Impossible to launch Photoshop

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work as a freelance illustrator and found today while trying to start up photoshop depite my best efforts it didn't seem to go beyond the blue loading circle, which is problematic considering my income relies on being able to actually draw.

So far I've tried every fix in the book for Windows 10 over the past 8 hours, reset my Surface Pro, Redownloaded the app in every single available version, used the CC Clearner 3 times, deleted every existing adobe file off my computer then redownloaded it, given photoshop administrator access, cleaned all recordings of Adobe from my Task Manager. E V E R Y T H I N G, and not a single thing has worked.

Now I know it's not my software/hardware since the app was running beyond perfectly yesterday, just the second I opened it up today it hasn't worked at all. I'm simply just beginning to believe that either some unruly higher being has decided to smite with a big F U, or that there's something fricky going on on Adobe's end that's messing with my ability to work.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this can be very frustrating, especially when your professional life depends on it.

Are you getting a splashscreen when you try to launch it?

Which version are you running?

Which version of Windows do you have?

Marek Mularczyk
Adobe Certified Expert and Instructor

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a cache corruption to your licensing, unless your OS or Photoshop version changed, but surely you would have let us know about that.

Reset Prefs Thoroughly (windows):

• Close all Adobe applications.
  • Go to Location : C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe
  • Rename Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Illustrator XX Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator XX Settings folders.old
  • Launch Illustrator from CC.

OOBE RESET WIN

• Quit the Creative Cloud desktop app  (100% you must do this)
  • C:\Users\<user folder>\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE 

• The AppData folder is hidden in Windows by default. See Show hidden files, folders, filename extensions | Windows for instructions to access it.
  • Delete all the files within the OOBE folder, but do not delete the folder itself.

• Restart the computer and launch the Creative Cloud desktop app again.

if THiso 2 suggestions do not work you can uninstall with the cleaenr then reinistall.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If Photoshop use to open.  Try renaming your user ID Photoshop Preference folder.   When you start Photoshop it will build a new one for your user id with Adobe defaults. See if Photoshop open then something may  be corrupt in your current preferences.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines