• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In Photoshop for iOS (3.6) the Transform Selection option is not working correctly

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The modification handles don't respond to finger or Apple Pencil input after creating a selection, then tapping Transform Selection. The handles do respond to cursor keys on a keyboard, but they don't behave in the way you'd expect. When you select "Distort" for example and you want to adjust just that corner, the entire frame moves instead of just the one active corner handle. Trying to get any handle to respond to finger or Apple Pencil touch is nearly impossible. If you keep trying, you'll get some movement, but it's not consistent or very controllable. Please advise. If you watch Russel Brown's video I've taken a screen shot for reference, his demonstration works flawlessly. Now following those same exact steps, the Transform Selection function no longer works like that.

TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @YooDig, sorry you are having this issue. We tested here and it is working as expeted.  Could you share your iOS device and model number. 

Also, do you have the most recent build, 3.6 2022505.418?

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cory —-

Thanks for the quick response.

My device is: iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (5th generation) - 2TB version.
The build number on my device is: 20220505.418

Thanks for the assistance.

Kind Regards,
—- David.

[private information removed by moderator]
-------------------------------------

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I deleted PS for iPad and reinstalled it via the App Store to see if that would make any difference, but the problem persists. Any ideas how I might trouble-shoot this, since you guys have not been able to replicate my specific issue? Thanks. -- Dave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @YooDig thank you for all your information.  Would it be possible for you to do a video recording of the process you are using, open file, select distort, try to grab handel via pencil and finger so our team can see what might be happening?  Also, what iOS version is your iPad Pro runing?

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines