• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In Regards to Mass Sharpening Layers and Saving them Individually

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! I've never asked a question here before but the Adobe help center wasn't very fruitful. I use the latest Photoshop release for Windows. I have a bit of an issue. I make graphics in photoshop that are bases and then I swap in and out various images. I will render them into videos at one frame per second and snag them as PNGs to save each individual image with its base so there are hundreds of separate images.

Right now, I'm looking to do this with about 300 images. However, I want to sharpen each of these images before putting them in, and I would rather not have to sharpen them all one by one through filters. Is there a way to mass-sharpen about 300 layers, without turning it into a smart object and saving them individually per image in the group? I would like to be able to still just export each layer in one go after they're sharpened so it's relatively fast. 

If not, I will content myself with slower work, but I feel like there's a way to do it that I simply haven't grasped yet.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To select all Layers, use the Shift key and click on top and bottom layers.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, but it no longer allows me to add a filter to sharpen the images that way. It requires me to convert it to a Smart Object and apply a Smart Layer, but then I can no longer export the layers into PNGs unless I still want to save each layer piece individually, and for 300 images, that takes a really long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not use File > Export > Export Layers to Files?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It doesn't work. I need to sharpen the layers first, but to do so individually per layer takes a long time. I can cut that time out by making it a smart object and applying the smart filter to sharpen, but then I can no longer use the export layers to files function because the layers are no longer there. Going into the contents of the group does not give me the sharpened images, either. 

If it has to take a while and it has to be done manually, this is fine, but I am looking for a way to make the entire process a much quicker process. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines