• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IN WINDOWS 10 WHAT ARE THESE TAGS ON A JPG FROM psd---ABBILDUNG ABSTRAKT BERRY BLANDUNG TAGS

Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I looked at the tags that are on my jpg files from photoshop in windows explorer they start with the following and keep going

ABBILDUNG ABSTRAKT BERRY BLANDUNG.......

It seems as though the PSD file is ok but when I do a save as (jpg) they all have this at the end of the jpg.

I am not sure how they got there but  if I create another new image and drag the old one in it seems to be ok.  I usually use a template psd to create a new one and save the psd  and then save as jpg.  

sjr23464752_0-1648246870038.png

any help would be greatly appreciated

thx

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide a download link to one of the PSD files and one of the JPEG files? The files could be filled with white and cropped to 1x1px if you are concerned about image content privacy, it is only the metadata that is important.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the jpg. When looking at it under windows explorer that is what you see (above)

thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without a copy of the PSD, I can only guess that this keyword/subject metadata is in your PSD template and it is just that Windows Explorer can't show it for PSD files, but it can for JPEG.

In the PSD, use File > File Info to inspect and or remove the unwanted subject/keywords metadata.

fileinfo.png

On a side note, there is a lot of metadata of all different types in your file. This in itself is not a bad thing.

Using Export As, Quick Export or Save for Web (legacy) export will remove most metadata in the final assets.

As you are working from templates, history and photoshop:DocumentAncestors metadata will build up over time, which is not removed from saved assets using Save As a Copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much. I will try it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines