• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inserted PNGs are often shown with strange "ghost" edges

Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys. I'm facing this issue in the last two or three versions of Photoshop, but now it's getting really annoying.

I'm working on a project where I have to create multiple layouts using a PNG version of a logo I made, and most of the times (because this doesn't happen everytime, don't know what causes it) I insert the PNG into the canvas, it shows this little "ghost" border on the bottom of the layer, like a duplicate of the last line of pixels of it.

That doesnt happen if, instead, I open the PNG or open and then drag the layer to the other document. It bugs me that, even being inserted as a Smart Object it shows wrong. And in some tests I did just now, sometimes that I insert the PNG it appears to slightly cut a little of the edges of the document instead of repeating the last line of pixels.

I had the intent to provide my customer the option to insert on Photoshop the PNG logo and it would be placed already in the right size for Instagram layouts, for example, which is expected to be always the same size, 1080x1080 72dpi. The PNG file is also 72dpi. But with this error, its hard to trust PS behavior.

There's a screenshot attached that shows the bottom of two layers. The upper one is a inserted PNG, and the other is the same object but opened and then dragged to the canvas.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you share the original assets or assets that reproduce the problem? (PNG and parent PSD you're dragging/placing into?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd rather not sharing those files publicly, but I could send you in a PM. Is that ok?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course. DM works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the file. I couldn't repro when I was placing your png file, but I looked at your PSD, and the placed file with the blurred edge is caused by a fractional pixel in how the image is transformed/placed. If I change the Y postion to remove the .50 the problem goes away.

JeffreyTranberry_0-1648227673937.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines