• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

INSUFFIVCIENT SPACE PROBLEM

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I chenage the destination where Photoshop is installed? My C-drive has insufficient space I would like Photoshop to install in another location but don't see the option to change that? Please help?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, followed the link and the instructions and now it says "can't install to root directory"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try creating a folder called Adobe Programs on the drive you're trying to install it on and install to that location instead of the root of the drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're low on disk space this is not the way to solve it. You only save 2 or 3 GB, which is totally insignificant.

If you have only a couple of GB left you're soon going to get into much more serious problems! You really need to clear out space, or your whole system may freeze up.

Photoshop needs at least 100 GB just for the scratch disk (preferably more). If there's not enough free space for the scratch disk, Photoshop won't even open - but if it does, you will probably not be able to work on or save your documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I have four 2TB harddrives installed on my workstation and my C: is dedicated only to my operating system and some of the other software my newspaper office uses. Which is why when it tried to install onto the default C: location, I wanted to move it. I use an external SSD as my scratch drive.

You guys have been great help thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, got it. A dedicated and clean system drive is good practice, I do that myself.

Just as a rough guide, operating system + a "normal" configuration of applications shouldn't take up much more than 90-110 GB. Here's with 6 or 7 major CC apps installed:

system_disk.png

The "dark horse" on the system drive is the user account. Anything related to personalized configurations go here - including a whole bunch of Photoshop/Adobe folders and files. You can't keep that off the C drive, even if the main program files are installed elsewhere.

The exception is caches and preview folders. These can usually be moved in app preferences.

All your software will keep dumping stuff in your user account, and as a result it grows over time. If you need to clear out more space, this is usually where you can find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines