• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Intel 11700 not work with photoshop and lighroom

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning. I have a problem with the latest version of photoshop and with my intel 11700 and uhd 750. Photoshop and lightroom classic don't work. Photoshop worked up to a previous version of the uhd card driver (now I'm using the latest one the igfx_win_101.1340) but even putting the previous one back does not work (while windows and photoshop have been updated). I open it, whether you disable gpu acceleration or not, as soon as I open a photo it closes. While lightroom classic doesn't even charge. Cloud based Lightroom works. What can I do? I'm waiting for a photoshop update but in the meantime I can't do anything?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The big change in Photoshop now is that the GPU runs in DirectX, not OpenGL which is no longer supported by Microsoft (or Apple). So an old PS version may have worked while the new version may not.

Generally, an integrated Intel GPU is not sufficient for Photoshop. You need a dedicated NVidia/AMD GPU.

Minimum system requirements are DirectX 12 and 2GB of dedicated onboard VRAM. An integrated GPU doesn't have VRAM at all; it uses shared system memory instead.

In short, a Photoshop update won't help. You need to get a NVidia/AMD card. Or stay on an earlier Photoshop version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same version of photoshop works on an i5 5400 with integrated graphics and 8gb of ram and an i7 11700 with integrated graphics and 16 gb of ram do you mean it doesn't work? And why do you put back some old October drivers, for example, do photoshop come back to work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Start here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

FWIW, at least some Intel integrated graphics do work on the Mac (supported with GPU acceleration) but your card may not work on Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines