• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Invalid SOS JPEG marker from photoshop scan

Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using an Epson Perfection v500 scanner to scan photos into photoshop. I want to do them as .tiff files. Photoshop can do batch scans - but will only open the first 2. After that if there are more than 2 photos the others will generate an error that says "Could not open 'name of file' because an invalid SOS JPEG marker (Ss, Se, Ah, or AI) is found. 

This is strange to me as it's not like I created the scan from another application - and if I do them one at a time, it seems to work. The bulk import also works if I scan them as JPEGS and not .TIFF, but that's not what I want. 

Also, the photos are easily opened in other applications like Preview, ColorSync and the Apple System. 

I can open them in ColorSync and do a "Save As" and then when I open them in photoshop, I still get the same error, but after I click "Okay" it opens. So that is at least progress. 

An ideas on why PS would do this?

Using a Mac mini (M1, 2020)

Monterey 12.1 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you share some of the files you're using where this problem reproduces? Use CC files or dropbox to share a download link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines