• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Elements a 'lite' version of Photoshop?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I use Photoshop CC every day, and pretty much every day it crashes.  It steals all the menory and has particular issues when I have multiple Chrome windows open (which I need).  Yes, I've talked to tech support and have re-installed it completely twice, adjusted many settings, added scratch disks, and still no change, so not going to waste any more time on that.  I have a Core i7 PC with 16Gb of memory and a  mid-level graphics card.  No other software on my PC behaves like Photoshop, including Adobe After Effects which uses MUCH bigger files...

But most of the time I use PS for simple tasks like croppping, correcting or re-sizing images/graphics, so I've started to use Affinity Photo instead which seems to be a cheap lightweight alternative - but it doesn't have the same command structure (although some are the same) so it slows me down.

If Elements has the same basic menu/command structure it would make a good lightweight alternative, so I'd only have to use PS when I need it's more powerful features - does anyone know if that would work?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @tallonius 

Photoshop Elements has a free 30-day trial so you can see if it does what you want.

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements/free-trial.html

There is a separate forum for PSE, so you might ask specific questions there:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/ct-p/ct-photoshop-elements

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting the Photoshop preferences back to the factory defaults, which often resolves issues?

You can reset them under the General tab in Photoshop preferences, then close and reopen the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion Derek, but yes I've tried that, and many other things - it's just old bloated software, but the only program that handles the heavy-lifting, so I'm looking for an altenative for the simple tasks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm looking for an altenative for the simple tasks.

By @tallonius

That be Elements. Download a demo and see if it fits your needs.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines