• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to copy paste Photoshop Layer to Illustrator?

Enthusiast ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

I have tried many times, copy and paste Photoshop layer to Illustrator, but whenever i try to paste, the 'paste menu' in illustrator greyed out.

I can easily copy and paste object from illustrator to Photoshop, but not copy paste from photoshop to illustrator. Did i miss something?

Thanks all.

-Office : Adobe || Home : Resolve-
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

A layer in Photoshop and a layer in Illustrator are two different things with two different meanings.

Just as Photoshop and Illustrator are two very different applications. Illustrator works with vector data (mathematical formulae), while Photoshop is a raster editor that works with pixels (discrete data points).

Illustrator can display flat raster images, but not edit them. Photoshop has some basic, simple vector tools mainly intended as aids for selecting and masking, but can't do advanced

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A layer in Photoshop and a layer in Illustrator are two different things with two different meanings.

Just as Photoshop and Illustrator are two very different applications. Illustrator works with vector data (mathematical formulae), while Photoshop is a raster editor that works with pixels (discrete data points).

Illustrator can display flat raster images, but not edit them. Photoshop has some basic, simple vector tools mainly intended as aids for selecting and masking, but can't do advanced vector editing or output.

What you need is smart objects in Photoshop or linked objects in Illustrator. Then you use the other application to edit them, while still being part of your master file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines