Is it possible to mask this background?

Participant ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to change the background of this studio photograph from dark grey-blue to light grey (almost white), but after having tried and failed a number of times (I've tried to make a B&W copy to increase the contrast between the hair strands and the background, and many other things, before using select & mask and refine) I now wonder if you have any suggestions how (if at all) this can be achieved?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If all you want to do is change the color, a bit of rough masking and applying adjustments is enough. There's no reason why anyone should create a mask for such a task. Otherwise another case for the most ignored secret sauce in PS: Image --> Calculations plus of course the necessary adjustments to that after combining the seletions and channels.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines