• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to pause a action in the middle to allow manual editing, and then for it to continue?

Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to stop a macto mid run to allow me to do an manual edit, and then continue?

I can do this manually by running a macro, doing a manual editing and then running a second maco.

The thing is I have a lot of files to process so I was hoping there could be a way I could a "automate" and use the "override load" option so it picks the next one in line for me.. but somehow STOP in the middle of it, allow me to edit, and then continue after I let it. This way it could automatcially load the next file in line, I can do the edit, then run the 2nd macro that ends in save, close the document and then the automate picks up the next file.

Or is there by any chance a "open next document" option I can use in the 1st macro instead of the normal open command or something like that?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is fantastic and exactly what I am looking for.. but I can not seem to get it to work.. .I put a post on the github.. but there is no activity in the issues section at all so I am no sure if it is where I am ment to ask questions.. so I replied as well to the post you linked me.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"and then continue after I let it."

but how would you do that and how would that be different than just running a second action?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some actions are very long and need numerous breaks for user input. John Stevenson makes scripts like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For sure. Way back when, I tried to point out that the new Hands-On tuts were potentially next gen Actions, but couldn't get through. A shame that they wasted another great opportunity...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lots of wasted potential. I'm sure you're well aware of that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines