• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to retrieve Missing Blending/Effects from my personal CC Library 'Styles Group'?

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using CC / Photoshop since (I think) 2017. All Styles have been created in Photoshop over the years. I store the Styles in my personal CC Library. The Library is not shared with others. I recently went into my 'Styles Group' in CC and found the majority of Styles are not nothing but empty gray squares with no assets/attributes/blending. The Styles that are not 'Empty' appear normal and complete in the Library, but once applied, the blending modes are not being applied and not showing in the Photoshop Effects Options List. And, yes, when saved, the save with blending modes is ticked. Do I just need to accept that the Styles are gone? Or, is there a way to retrieve the data? Every other Group in the CC library is intact with nothing missing.

Fortunately, I have backups of everything ever created.  ...However, ...!

And, I'm just whining now... The files are backed up in a number of external drives that have been used over the years. Some of those files / drives date back to CS5. (Yes, you are right, I need to consolidate everything onto newer, bigger and better drives.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ncoleamy do the styles use depricated features from previous PS builds?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi kevin, Thank You for your reply. I've been out of commision for a while.  And..., probably so, I hadn't thought about that. I'm possitive that some date back to at least CC2017 or earlier. Thanks again for the insight. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines