• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to use Absolute rending intent without the simulated paper color?

Engaged ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to use Absolute rending intent without the simulated paper color? I have a colorful graphic that prints well from Photoshop with PS controlling colors, using the Absolute rendering intent and "Normal" printing (i.e. not hard). But there are some areas of transparency or white that are colored in with that light yellowish cast that is typical of rendering paper appearance. I tried to fix them by making them "white", not transparent, but it made no difference.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Absolute colorimetric differs from relative in that it does not remap the white point. So if your target color space has a different white point, you'll see it as a color cast.

Normally you don't use absolute, it's for special purposes. Relative colorimetric is the standard. It remaps 255-255-255 white to 255-255-255 white, even if going from, say, D65 to D50 or vice versa.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines