• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Photoshop CS6 compatible with Mac OS High Sierra?

Participant ,
Jul 21, 2018 Jul 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Photoshop CS6 on Macs running Mac OS El Captitan 10.11.6.

I will be upgrading to Mac OS High Sierra, 10.13.6. Will Photoshop CS6 run well an this OS?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

If you do not hit problems, that's great. I can tell you one thing for sure: it won't work in Catalina macOS 10.15. That was designed to need all new apps. (Note: to trick you, Catalina will sometimes run old apps for a while then stop, and block you from reinstalling. There is no escape from budgeting for all new apps).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Jul 22, 2018 Jul 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Boilerplate-teaxt:

When one decides to stick with obsolete software one should make sure one is able to roll back any and all software and hardware updates in case they break the set-up.

As per

Older versions of Photoshop system requirements

Adobe ascertains that Photoshop CS6 works on

• Mac OS X v10.6.8 or v10.7. Adobe Creative Suite 3, 4, 5, CS5.5, and CS6 applications support Mac OS X v10.8 or v10.9 when installed on Intel-based systems.**

So if you want to go beyond that you are on your own in the sense that you cannot blame Adobe for any ensuing problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I have CS6 installed on my imac and I havent found any issues yet - I am running 10.13.3

I would not describe it as obselete - still does everytrhing I need it to

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do not hit problems, that's great. I can tell you one thing for sure: it won't work in Catalina macOS 10.15. That was designed to need all new apps. (Note: to trick you, Catalina will sometimes run old apps for a while then stop, and block you from reinstalling. There is no escape from budgeting for all new apps).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am confident it'll be fine with High Sierra, catalina no way, but that’s best avoided for a while anyway.

I hope this helps

if so, please "like" my reply

thanks

neil barstow, colourmanagement.net

[please do not use the reply button on a message in the thread, only use the one at the top of the page, to maintain chronological order]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use CS6 with OS MOJAVE 10.14.6

Works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines