• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a comprehensive list of all hardcoded keyboard shortcuts and modifiers?

Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently in the process of streamlining my photoshop workflow and am rebinding shortcuts for use on a Razer keypad.

Some modifer keys (alt, space, etc...) are not listed as shortcuts, are hardcoded and cannot be rebound or changed. I cannot find documentation on which keys do what, and what they do for each tool. For instance, holding space will sometimes invoke the hand tool, but with the marquee tool it lets you move a selection around. Alt + Backspace fills foreground color, but cannot be rebound anywhere.

I am not talking about keyboard shortcuts that can be rebound. I am also a fairly advanced user, having used this product for over 10 years.

I have been searching for months. Does anybody have an EXHAUSTIVE list of these keyboard functions? I feel there should be official documentation of these somewhere but I cannot find it. Does anybody know if it's possible to disable or remap them? I have no other options besides pressing every keycombination on every tool in every mode myself.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Deleted User 

The two most comprehensive list I have found are:

Some keyboard shortcuts are hardwired and cannot be edited. Those that can be edited will appear in Edit > Keyboard shortcuts.

No guarantees that either of these lists is "exhaustive" though. Maybe someone else will chime in.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you but this doesn't answer the question at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Deleted User wrote:

Thank you but this doesn't answer the question at all.

Have you checked out the link? 

Which commands are missing on that page? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines