• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is There a Shortcut to Photoshop CC Straighten Tool?

Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I shortcut direct to the Straighten tool so I don't have to go through Crop (C) and then click on the Straighten icon?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 04, 2022 Sep 04, 2022

I'm sure you already figured this out, but just in case and if anyone else  is trying to figure this out and runs across this thread. When you go in to the crop "C" tool press the CMD/Ctrl  key and it toggles between the crop and straighten tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An alternate method...

Grab the Ruler Tool. It's located under the Eyedropper Tool and has a keyboard shortcut of Shift + I. Click and drag on the canvas to create a line. Go up to...

Image > Image Rotation > Arbitrary

You should find that the dialog box is automatically populated with the angle defined by the Ruler. Choose OK and you should be done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for pointing out an alternative but it does not speed up my workflow. On my system at least, the Ruler\Straighten process leaves transparent corners and then I have to recrop the image anyway to remove them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Hope you come up with a good solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Content Aware Crop will straighten and fill in the corners

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried that but it doesn't fill in the transparent corners even when I have Content-aware checked. Something about my installation perhaps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK - Now I got it. It only works if you are NOT using the classic-mode crop. I missed that because with Classic-Mode, the Content Aware checkbox IS selectable - Until you draw the crop limits and then it greys out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, could you create a bug thread about this very issue (button looks activable when it is not)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2022 Sep 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure you already figured this out, but just in case and if anyone else  is trying to figure this out and runs across this thread. When you go in to the crop "C" tool press the CMD/Ctrl  key and it toggles between the crop and straighten tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2024 Feb 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ivycreek, thanks for the tip! Legend!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines