Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Is there a way to export a jpg at 300dpi in the latest update of Photoshop 2021, v 22.4.3?

Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the latest update, the ability to "Save As" a jpg is gone, for whatever reason. Now the only way to save a jpg from a PSD file is to us Export As. Even with quality set to high, it always exports the jpg as 72dpi, and there doesn't seem to be a way to specify what dpi you want the jpg to be saved at. Now every time I export a jpg, I have to open that jpg in Photoshop again and convert it to 300dpi, which is so much added time. Please tell me I'm missing something and this isn't just the way it is now!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Community Professional , Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021
@aphilli7 wrote: Please tell me I'm missing something and this isn't just the way it is now!
Hi @aphilli7  As of 22.4.1, you can find png, jpg, pdf, etc., in Save a Copy. As of 22.4.2 you can revert to the previous behavior in Preferences > File Handling > File Saving Options: Enable Legacy Save As Do not append Copy See this help page for details and cautions: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/saving-images.html   ~ Jane

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional , Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021
Just for clarity, Exporting does not export at 72ppi it exports without any PPI value. Exporting is designed for web use where the ppi metadata value is meaningless. On re-opening a document without PPI metadata, a nominal 72 PPI is assigned. Now your issue. To Save in jpeg, either use Save a Copy or, in the current version, go to Preferences- File Handling and check the box to use the old Save As behaviour. Dave

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@aphilli7 wrote:

Please tell me I'm missing something and this isn't just the way it is now!

Hi @aphilli7 

As of 22.4.1, you can find png, jpg, pdf, etc., in Save a Copy.
As of 22.4.2 you can revert to the previous behavior in Preferences > File Handling > File Saving Options:

• Enable Legacy Save As
  • Do not append Copy

See this help page for details and cautions:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/saving-images.html  

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, thank you so much!!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for clarity, Exporting does not export at 72ppi it exports without any PPI value. Exporting is designed for web use where the ppi metadata value is meaningless. On re-opening a document without PPI metadata, a nominal 72 PPI is assigned.

Now your issue. To Save in jpeg, either use Save a Copy or, in the current version, go to Preferences- File Handling and check the box to use the old Save As behaviour.

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines