• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to place a specific amount of dots in a designated area?

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I want to place a very specific amount of dots in an area that I defnied. This is for my scientific research. The bigest amount would be 515 and the lowest 2. Is there a way to achieve this? I don't wanna place 515 individual dots.

cheers.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

You'll probably have more luck using MathLab and creating a custom plot algorithm. Implementing such stuff with scripts in PS would be even more complicated. Anyway, you would need to be more specific what the requirements are. Just saying "I want to draw X points" is not that useful. How would the area be defined? Square? Circle? Other shape? How need the points be distributed? What colors? All those details matter...

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

How would the dots be distributed?  Could it be random?  Could it be in a specific pattern?  The latter would be easier to count using some sort of array process.   Would the dots need to be the same size? Can they all be on the same layer?

I suspect this might be best done using a script, so we'll tag our @Stephen_A_Marsh who might have some ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll probably have more luck using MathLab and creating a custom plot algorithm. Implementing such stuff with scripts in PS would be even more complicated. Anyway, you would need to be more specific what the requirements are. Just saying "I want to draw X points" is not that useful. How would the area be defined? Square? Circle? Other shape? How need the points be distributed? What colors? All those details matter...

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, thanks for the quick answer. I found a different solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, thanks for the quick answer. I found a different solution.

By @Daniel27278344t0t2

Please share!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No no, I mean, I took a different approach instead of using dots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How would the dots be distributed?  Could it be random?  Could it be in a specific pattern?  The latter would be easier to count using some sort of array process.   Would the dots need to be the same size? Can they all be on the same layer?

I suspect this might be best done using a script, so we'll tag our @Stephen_A_Marsh who might have some ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just as added info, I believe this is available in ImageJ.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines