• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to set a History Log for an individual PSD?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand you are able to record History logs into the metadata and / or to a seperate text file - however I'm hoping there is a soloution to setting a specific file to record the History into the PSD.

So when the PSD is opened, regardless of the Users History Log settings, it will continue to record the changes on that individual file.

The reason for wanting something like this feature is because we sometimes collaborate on PSDs, and it's not always immediately evident what changes have been made - sure we could ask the collaborators, but Photoshop is a tool and not everyone uses things the same way - so it would provide helpful insight to see exactly what changes were made.

Currently though, there only appears to be a way to set History Log preferences universally, as apposed to each file.

Any ideas or soloutions for this? It would be a welcome feature Adobe could add.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like the beta of the Content Credentials feature might help. It keeps track of the edits and attribution information. Here's more information and where you can share your feedback and ideas:

Learn about content credentials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Myra - I will keep a close eye on the development of that beta tool!

In the meantime, I'd love to hear more suggestions from the community, I can't speak for the collaborators outright but some may have limited Photoshop knowledge, and to set up and implement the above may prove dififcult to add to the current workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines